There are a number of things going on in the Madison Area. Check these out!
Dane County Farmers Market (DCFM) will be hosting Local Food Pick Ups on Wednesdays (3-6pm) and Saturdays (8-noon) at Willow Island at the Alliant Energy Center. You can pre-order via our WhatsGood online farmers’ market store and during the pick-up, drive-thru and our farmers place your orders in your vehicles.
Things You Can Do At Home
If you are looking for things to do at home, here are some stay at home ideas:
- Watch a Movie – Here is an article from Forbes which gives some recommendations: Disney+, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, And More: Best Movies You Can Stream Now
- Play a Game: Here is a recent article from Wirecutter with a list of recommended games you can order on Amazon: The Best Board Games. Some classics include: Chess, Scrabble, Pictionary, and Cards (Go Fish, War or Gin Rummy). Some of our favorite board games include Codenames, Catan and Ticket to Ride
- Read a Book or Magazine: check out what is new at Good Reads
- Go for a Walk or Run – Check out Winter Running Routes. All state parks are now FREE so take a drive and walk at Governor Dodge or Devil’s Lake.
- Organize or Clean a room: Many of us have this on our list but often times don’t get around to it.
- Try a new recipe: Whether it is making a new meal or baking a new treat, here is a website that has a ton of recipes to choose from: https://www.allrecipes.com/
- Call or Facetime a Friend: With time on your hands, reach out to a friend you haven’t spoken with for awhile.
- Take a nap: Relax with a power nap to rejuvenate your soul.
- Follow an Exercise Video: Don’t let Gym closings get you down, there are lots of videos out there that you can follow and keep your exercise routine.
- Support your Local Restaurants: Order a pickup or delivery at your favorite restaurant (check if open).
- View Educational Videos: See a list of options below.
- Make your Own Mask: check out some instructions from Wisconsin 4-H here.
Other Virtual Resources
Information regarding the Coronavirus:
Best Online Fun
- Explore Live Cams – a ton of live webcams to choose from!
- The International Wolf Center in Ely has a live Wolf Cam and will be streaming educational events – find out more on their Facebook Page.
- NASA’s Langley Research Center has a Virtual Tour
- International Space Station webcam
- The Shedd Aquarium in Chicago has an amazing YouTube Channel with educational Videos and we love the video here of the penguins exploring the aquarium!
- Wisconsin State Parks Virtual Tours
- The Cincinnati Zoo has a Live Stream Safari at 3pm Eastern each day on it’s facebook page
- Georgia Aquarium Beluga Whale Webcam
- San Diego Zoo Live Cams
- Monterey Bay Aquarium Live Cams
- The Sistine Chapel
- The Great Wall of China
- New York State Parks and Attractions
- Virtually Visit the US National Parks on Google Earth
Virtual Museum Tours
- The Museum of Natural History in Washington DC
- The Museum of Modern Art (MOMA), New York
- The Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam
- The National History Museum of London
- The Louvre
- The British Museum
Music and Entertainment
- The Met Opera will Live Stream a performance each eventing at 7:30 pm Eastern
- NPR has compiled a List of Live Virtual Concerts to watch during the Coronavirus Shutdown
Things to Consider
We will update this list as we learn about more virtual opportunities.
Did we miss anything? Let us know in the comments below!