Like many adults over 50 who want to pursue fitness in winter months, my husband and I are regulars at the, Princeton Club. Not only is the location ideal for those living on the West side of Madison, the recently updated Club offers something for everyone regardless of fitness goals and preferences. We have been at Princeton Club for many years and have taken advantage of almost all they have to offer
We rotate the following workouts throughout the week:
- Upper or Lower body Weightlifting
- Running on the treadmill
- Using their many rotating StarMasters
- Using the Precor AMT which is similar to the treadmill but easier on the knees.
We have also enlisted the training services of Personal Trainer Jake Salzman, one of the Training directors. Jake is extremely knowledgeable about performance training, recovering from injury and the rehabilitative process. Jake’s workouts vary every time, are intended to challenge us to reach our fitness goals.
There are a number of group classes offered every day of varied difficulty. Body pump, HIIT + ACC, Turbo kick and Spinning are popular so try to arrive early for a spot. You can also pay a fee to take some regularly schedule small group classes such as TRX and Bootcamp.
Princeton offers other options and programs that might appeal to you:
- Biggest Loser Program – Next challenge starts January 25, 2020
- Sports Performance Training – Geared toward dedicated athletes who want to improve their game, and over all athleticism.
- Basketball: Over 6 courts to play one-on-one or join a pick up game.
- Monthly Pickleball Clinics: Learn how to play pickleball.
- Volleyball: Sign up for a league with your friends
- Racquetball: Courts are available throughout the week.
- Natatorium: Enjoy a six lane lap swimming pool, resistance pool, whirlpool, steam room and sauna
- Tennis and Soccer: Courts and field are on the rooftop that overlooks the beautiful view of the entire city of Madison
The best part of Princeton Club? It is open 24/7 so you don’t have an excuse not to go!