Verona is a suburb of Madison (20 minutes from downtown) with a population of 12,743. Verona is in Dane County and is one of the best places to live in Wisconsin. … Many families and young professionals live in Verona. It is home to Epic headquarters, a medical software company. Verona offers a great school system, a wide range of job opportunities, and excellent housing districts. Verona is an overall accepting community with an adorable downtown area filled with restaurants and multiple neighborhood grocery stores.
Moving to Verona? Contact Audra Geldmacher at (608) 577-8318 or Wanda Roche at 608-212-2928 with any questions that you have.
Schools & Education
Verona Area School District (VASD) is a public school district headquartered in Verona, Wisconsin, for the cities of Verona and Fitchburg, Wisconsin, as well as a small part of Madison, Wisconsin. It consists of one high school, two middle schools, and six elementary schools. Its superintendent is Dean Gorrell.
NEW High School opening September 2020.
- BADGER PRAIRIE COUNTY PARK – Home to a three-acre pet exercise area, play fields, an aeromodeling field, mountain bike and hiking trails, a shelter and a playground area. It serves as the center of the Ice Age Trail Junction Area and has access to the Military Ridge State Trail, as well as a segment of the Ice Age National Scenic Trail.
- UNIVERSITY RIDGE GOLF COURSE: A public golf course, home course to both the men’s and women’s golf teams for the University of Wisconsin. The American Family Insurance Championship is typically held here in June.
- VERONA PUBLIC LIBRARY – Events/activities for kids of all ages, adults, storytimes, book discussions, and tech classes. Facebook live and virtual events held during Covid-19 restrictions.
- REDDAN SOCCER PARK – Reddan Soccer Park is a 60 acre facility belonging to the Madison Area Youth Soccer Association. On an annual basis, Reddan Soccer Park hosts more than 1,200 league games (and 700 practices), 8 major tournaments and events with participants from across the Midwest.
- HOMETOWN USA COMMUNITY PARK – Located along East Verona Avenue, is Verona’s largest park and has the most facilities. Existing facilities include: year-round indoor skating and hockey at the Eagle’s Nest Ice Arena; outdoor skating, next to the arena in winter; walking/jogging paths; a picnic shelter; Verona Little League Park with 4 lighted fields; a concession stand; Stampfl Baseball Field; 2 baseball/softball fields; soccer fields; a skate park; off-street parking; and Conner field youth football and lacrosse.
- WISCONSIN BREWERY – Brewery featuring craft beers & tours also hosts seasonal events (i.e. bands) in their backyard next to a pond.
- PRAIRIE MORAINE DOG PARK – Considered the best dog park in Dane County, Wisconsin. Take US Highway 18/151 to County Highway PB; the entrance is two miles south on County Highway PB.