Oregon is a suburb of Madison with a population of approx. 9,797 and is located 7 miles southeast from Madison. Oregon is a family-friendly community that has a hometown ambiance and small town hospitality, giving Oregon the perfect balance of convenience and comfort. In addition, Oregon has award winning schools and an abundance of green space.
Moving to Oregon? Contact Audra Geldmacher at (608) 577-8318 or Wanda Roche at 608-212-2928 with any questions that you have.
Schools & Education
Oregon School District (OSD) is made up of ten municipalities across Dane, Green and Rock counties. OSD currently has 6 schools (3 elementary, 1 intermediate, 1 middle, 1 high school). The District currently serves over 4,100 students and is projected to grow by an additional 2,000 students by the year 2030. OSD is building a new elementary school in the northern part of the District to open for the 2020-2021 school year, as approved in the Nov. 6 2018 Referendum. Its superintendent is Dr. Leslie Bergstrom.
- Early Learning/4K
- Brooklyn Elementary School
- Forest Edge Elementary School
- Netherwood Knoll Elementary School
- Prairie View Elementary School
- Rome Corners Intermediate School
- Oregon Middle School
- Oregon High School
|Ziggy’s BBQ Smokehouse & Ice Cream Parlor|
135 S Main St, Oregon, WI 53575
101 S Main St, Oregon, WI 53575
|Firefly Coffeehouse & Artisan Cheese|
114 N Main St, Oregon, WI 53575
|Charlie’s on Main|
113 S Main St, Oregon, WI 53575
|La Rocca’s Pizzeria|
971 Janesville St, Oregon, WI 53575
|Headquarters Bar & Grill|
101 Concord Dr, Oregon, WI 53575
- There are number of parks in and around Oregon. Some include:
- Lerner Conservation Park is a terrific relaxing place to walk, and view wildlife. In addition, there are trails suitable for running, cycling or dog walking.
- Anderson Farm County Park was established in 2014 and is the newest Recreation Park in the Dane County Parks system.
- Oregon Jaycee Park is an excellent park with soccer fields, baseball fields, and playgrounds.
- Hook Lake Wildlife Area is a great place to hunt deer pheasant and small game.
- Waubesa Wetlands State Natural Area is on the shore of Lake Waubesa and features wetlands, a creek & diverse birdlife.
- Lake Kegonsa State Park is a state park in nearby Stoughton and is situated on the northeast shore of Lake Kegonsa. The park consists of forest, prairie, and wetlands.
- Oregon Bowl – Bowling alley on Spring Street.
- Oregon Skatepark – if your kids are into skateboarding, there is a wonderful skatepark next to Jaysee Park. It contains easy and challenging black modular ramps.
- Madison 56ers Soccer Club was created in 1956 and is headquartered in Oregon. If your kids enjoy playing soccer or are interested in trying it out, there are many options at all levels of play.
- The Legend at Bergamont – a beautiful private club golf course on the outskirts of Oregon.
- Foxboro Golf Club – public golf course
- Oregon Straw Hat Players (OSHP) is a volunteer amateur theatre founded in 1984. OSHP has done more than just produce shows. They have actively participate in many community efforts. They offer scholarships for students interested in pursuing the fine arts and have sponsored workshops for both students and adults in stage combat, makeup techniques, lighting, costume design, stagecraft, auditioning, and improvisation. OSHP has assisted at the Oregon Area Senior Center and participated in Oregon Summer Fest.
- Oregon Area Historical Society collects and disseminates information on the history of the Oregon area.
- Oregon Public Library is located on Brook Street
- UW Health Oregon Clinic, 137 S Main St, Oregon, WI 53575 (608) 835-5588
- SSM Health Dean Medical Group, 753 N Main St, Oregon, WI 53575 (608) 835-2222
- Stoughton Hospital, 990 Janesville St, Oregon, WI 53575 (608) 835-5373
Homes for Sale
Contact Audra Geldmacher at (608) 577-8318 or Wanda Roche at 608-212-2928 with any questions that you have.