With seven relaxing hotels, more than 80 tasty restaurants and great shopping, Middleton is a destination that offers more. Enjoy unique attractions like Capital Brewery and the National Mustard Museum or explore our cross-country ski trails. No car? No problem. Hop on our free trolley! Minutes from Madison, Middleton is the place to stay when you’re visiting the Madison area.
Moving to Middleton? Contact Audra Geldmacher at (608) 577-8318 or Wanda Roche at 608-212-2928.
Schools & Education
Middleton-Cross Plains Area School District (MCPA) is a public school district headquartered in Middleton, Wisconsin.The Middleton-Cross Plains Area School District consists of six elementary schools, two middle schools, a high school and a charter high school.
May 2020: Middleton High School(MHS) is ranked 2nd in Dane county and 14th in state by USNWR | Middleton Cross Plains Area School District. Learn More
- Villa Dolce: Relaxed eatery offering artisanal pizza, housemade gelato & wine in a contemporary setting. 1828 Parmenter St, Middleton, WI 53562 ((608) 833-0033
- Vin Santo: Casual, family-owned eatery serving large portions of hearty Italian fare & wine in a cozy setting. 7462 Hubbard Ave, Middleton, WI 53562 (608) 836-1880
- Hubbard Street Diner: Classic diner serving up homestyle comfort food & signature pies in a retro setting. 1511 Monroe St, Madison, WI 53711 (608) 256-9476
- Biaggis: Chain outpost serving a large menu of Italian fare plus specialty cocktails in a laid-back setting. 1611 Aspen Commons, Middleton, WI 53562 (608) 664-9288
- Greenway Station: Indoor/outdoor shopping center featuring name-brand clothing & home goods, plus casual dining spots.
- Willy Street Co-op: An economically and environmentally sustainable, cooperatively owned grocery business that serves the needs of its Owners and employees. We are a cornerstone of a vibrant community in south-central Wisconsin that provides fairly priced goods and services while supporting local and organic suppliers.
- Parameter Street: Numerous boutiques and restaurants makes for a fun afternoon.
Things to Do
- Pheasant Branch Conservancy: This popular hiking trail is a 3.2 mile loop with numerous places to explore. If you head past the springs there is a nearby playground in adjoining Orchid Heights Park. Across from the springs breakaway, you can take a trail up Frederick’s Hill and get a stunning view of the Capital Building in downtown Madison. There is a wooden deck at the top for observing the view and you can also see the prairie with Pheasant Branch creek running through it.