Fitchburg, WI is located about 10 miles from Madison with a population of approx. 38K. Fitchburg is a dynamic and evolving community. Incorporated in 1984, Fitchburg has successfully grown into a place known for family oriented neighborhoods; a thriving technology-led business community; and well-designed, unique urban centers.
Moving to Fitchburg? Contact Audra Geldmacher at (608) 577-8318 or Wanda Roche at 608-212-2928 with any questions that you have.
Schools & Education
The City of Fitchburg is located within three school districts – Madison, Oregon and Verona. Depending on where you live, you will have a list of schools in the area.
- Eagle School
- Edgewood High School
- Madison Metropolitan School District
- Oregon Area School District
- Verona Area School District
- St. James School (offer free busing to parts of Fitchburg)
- Woods Hollow Children’s Center
2951 Triverton Pike Dr, Fitchburg, WI 53711
New Orleans-inspired bar & eatery offering Cajun & Creole fare, live music & an extensive wine list.
|Benvenuto’s Italian Grill|
2949 Triverton Pike Dr, Fitchburg, WI 53711
Local restaurant chain known for housemade soups, meatballs & red-sauce Italian classics.
|GREAT DANE PUB & BREWING CO.|
2980 Cahill Main, Fitchburg, WI 53711(
Traditional, multilevel brewpub serving craft beers & ales, plus sandwiches & pub grub.
5500 E Cheryl Pkwy, Fitchburg, WI 53711
|The Thirsty Goat|
3040 Cahill Main, Fitchburg, WI 53711
Upbeat brewpub offering draft beers, BBQ, TVs & entertainment, including live
music & karaoke.
|Me & Julio|
2784 S Fish Hatchery Rd, Fitchburg, WI 53711
American & Mexican fare is served at this lively spot with a cozy ambiance, a patio & a fire pit.
- Biking in Fitchburg – a cycling hub for the full gamut of biking enthusiasts. There are thousands of miles to choose from. Check out the Trail Guide.
- MCGAW PARK is the largest park in Fitchburg. The park is used for community events such as softball tournaments. The shelter was renovated in 2016 and can be reserved for picnics and gatherings for up to 100 people. This park is well suited for organized league activities such as youth ball, adult softball, and soccer.
- MCKEE FARMS PARK features many sport fields & courts, plus a large pond, playground & pathways.
- CAPITAL SPRINGS STATE RECREATION AREA – NEVIN SPRINGS UNIT is a state park with lake activities, Native American archaeological sites, trails & picnic grounds.
- SKY ZONE TRAMPOLINE PARK is an indoor trampoline park featuring freestyle bouncing, dodgeball, fitness programs & more.
- NINE SPRINGS GOLF & DISC GOLF COURSE has a nine hole Par-30 layout that provides playability for the novice, yet still has enough hazards to challenge even the most skilled players.
- NEW VISION THEATRES FITCHBURG 18 + IMAX – Enjoy all the latest blockbusters with reclining seats and $5 tickets every Tuesday.
- MILITARY RIDGE STATE TRAIL – A 40-mile long, recreational rail trail in Wisconsin. The trail largely parallels U.S. Highway 18 and U.S. Highway 151 between Dodgeville and Fitchburg. The land around the trail is primarily agricultural, but also includes woods, wetlands, prairies, villages, and small cities. The trail receives its name from Military Ridge Road, built by the Army in 1835 to connect Green Bay and Fort Crawford via Fort Win
- FITCHBURG PUBLIC LIBRARY – The beautiful Fitchburg Public Library building was designed to meet the needs of all members of the community. It is a 36,000 square foot, two-story facility.
- EPLEGAARDEN APPLE ORCHARD & PUMPKIN FARM – Pick your own apples and pumpkins. Novelty store on the premises.
- FITCHBURG FARMERS MARKET – Every Thursday Outdoor: May – October Agora Pavilion