The Hawks Landing Neighborhood is beautifully situated on the west side of Madison off of Pleasant View Road. Hawks Landing real estate features 300 upscale homes located along the scenic Hawks Landing Golf Course. The golf course is a 18 hole championship course and is semi-private but it is always open for public play. With a membership to the Golf Club, families and friends can enjoy a large eight-lane competition pool with diving well, as well as hours of fun on the winding water slide and zero depth entry kiddy area equipped with fountains. In addition, there are tennis & pickleball courts as well as Dahmen’s restaurant and bar.
Where is Hawks Landing?
Things to Do in the area
- HAWKS LANDING GOLF COURSE – This golf course is a 18 hole championship course and is semi-private but it is always open for public play. With a membership, families and friends can enjoy a large eight-lane competition pool with diving well, as well as fun on the winding water slide and zero depth entry kiddy area equipped with fountains. In addition, there are tennis & pickleball courts.
- BADGER PRAIRIE COUNTY PARK – Home to a three-acre pet exercise area, play fields, an aeromodeling field, mountain bike and hiking trails, a shelter and a playground area. It serves as the center of the Ice Age Trail Junction Area and has access to the Military Ridge State Trail, as well as a segment of the Ice Age National Scenic Trail.
- UNIVERSITY RIDGE GOLF COURSE: A public golf course, home course to both the men’s and women’s golf teams for the University of Wisconsin. The American Family Insurance Championship is typically held here in June.
- VERONA PUBLIC LIBRARY – Events/activities for kids of all ages, adults, storytimes, book discussions, and tech classes. Facebook live and virtual events held during Covid-19 restrictions.
- REDDAN SOCCER PARK – Reddan Soccer Park is a 60 acre facility belonging to the Madison Area Youth Soccer Association. On an annual basis, Reddan Soccer Park hosts more than 1,200 league games (and 700 practices), 8 major tournaments and events with participants from across the Midwest.
- HOMETOWN USA COMMUNITY PARK – Located along East Verona Avenue, is Verona’s largest park and has the most facilities. Existing facilities include: year-round indoor skating and hockey at the Eagle’s Nest Ice Arena; outdoor skating, next to the arena in winter; walking/jogging paths; a picnic shelter; Verona Little League Park with 4 lighted fields; a concession stand; Stampfl Baseball Field; 2 baseball/softball fields; soccer fields; a skate park; off-street parking; and Conner field youth football and lacrosse.
- WISCONSIN BREWERY – Brewery featuring craft beers & tours also hosts seasonal events (i.e. bands) in their backyard next to a pond.