This winter, discover a better getaway. With seven relaxing hotels, more than 80 tasty restaurants and great shopping, Middleton is a destination that offers more. Enjoy unique attractions like Capital Brewery and the National Mustard Museum or explore our cross-country ski trails. No car? No problem. Hop on the free trolley! Minutes from Madison, Middleton is the place to stay when you’re visiting the Madison area.
Schools & Education
Middleton-Cross Plains Area School District (MCPA) is a public school district headquartered in Middleton, Wisconsin.The Middleton-Cross Plains Area School District consists of six elementary schools, two middle schools, a high school and a charter high school.
May 2020: Middleton High School(MHS) is ranked 2nd in Dane county and 14th in state by USNWR | Middleton Cross Plains Area School District. Learn More
- Ancho and Agave: Open and relaxed Mexican fare, known for their fantastic margaritas. 1601 Aspen Commons, Middleton, WI 53562 (608) 831-3271
- Villa Dolce: Relaxed eatery offering artisanal pizza, housemade gelato & wine in a contemporary setting. 1828 Parmenter St, Middleton, WI 53562 (608) 833-0033
- Hubbard Street Diner: Classic diner serving up homestyle comfort food & signature pies in a retro setting. 1511 Monroe St, Madison, WI 53711 (608) 256-9476
- Biaggis: Chain outpost serving a large menu of Italian fare plus specialty cocktails in a laid-back setting. 1611 Aspen Commons, Middleton, WI 53562 (608) 664-9288
- Greenway Station: Indoor/outdoor shopping center featuring name-brand clothing & home goods, plus casual dining spots.
- Willy Street Co-op: An economically and environmentally sustainable, cooperatively owned grocery business that serves the needs of its Owners and employees. We are a cornerstone of a vibrant community in south-central Wisconsin that provides fairly priced goods and services while supporting local and organic suppliers.
- Parameter Street: Numerous boutiques and restaurants makes for a fun afternoon.
- Hotspots – Business in the area that might be of interest.
Things to Do
- Pheasant Branch Conservancy: This popular hiking trail is a 3.2 mile loop with numerous places to explore. If you head past the springs there is a nearby playground in adjoining Orchid Heights Park. Across from the springs breakaway, you can take a trail up Frederick’s Hill and get a stunning view of the Capital Building in downtown Madison. There is a wooden deck at the top for observing the view and you can also see the prairie with Pheasant Branch creek running through it.
- PLEASANT VIEW GOLF COURSE: Situated on hills approximately 300 feet above Lake Mendota, Pleasant View Golf Course provides panoramic views. Pleasant View Golf Course offers 27 holes of well-maintained, championship golf, a 9 hole scenic par 3 course, and an outstanding practice range. The course was awarded the Gold in Madison Magazine’s Best of Golf Courses for 2018 and 2019. Owned and operated by the City of Middleton. Great place to grab a burger on the patio.
- MIDDLETON PUBLIC LIBRARY – Events/activities for kids of all ages, adults, storytimes, book discussions, and tech classes. Facebook live and virtual events held during Covid-19 restrictions.
- MUSTARD MUSEUM -Home to the World’s Largest Collection of Mustards and Mustard Memorabilia.In 1992, Barry left his job as an Assistant Attorney General for the State of Wisconsin to open this most improbable museum, now one of Wisconsin’s most popular attractions. FREE admission. Shop their huge selection of mustards from all over the world. 7477 Hubbard Ave – downtown Middleton.
- CAPITOL BREWERY – founded in 1984, and brewed their first batch of beer, a pilsner, in the spring of 1986 and was founded to brew traditional German style lager beer in America. It has branched out to include American style ales, barrel aged beers, and several distinct IPA’s. Capital Amber (the largest seller) has been available in cans since 1999. The Capital Brewery Bier Garten is open April through October and often hosts live music as well as numerous public and private events. It is known as ‘Middleton’s Backyard’ and typically attracts over 1500 patrons on Fridays, May through September. A Beer Patio was added in 2016 along Terrace Ave.
Middleton, WI Real Estate Market Report
Properties for Sale
- All Properties for Sale
- Upcoming Open Houses
- Just Listed Properties
- Properties for Sale by Price
- New Construction Properties
- Land for Sale